Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. How is Music Empowers Foundation different from other nonprofits that support music education for children?
- A. Music Empowers Foundation acts as a clearinghouse to identify and partner with nonprofits that have the best potential to make a sustainable and measurable impact on children through engaging and innovative music education. Because of this, Music Empowers Foundation's support is not limited to any one music education program, but reaches a diversity of quality initiatives, thereby giving a greater number of children the opportunity to learn, play, create, and perform music.
- Q. Does Music Empowers Foundation have any music education programs of its own?
- A. No. Music Empowers Foundation does not conduct any of its own music education programs. We feel our mission is best served by identifying and supporting other nonprofits that offer engaging and innovative music instruction.
- Q. Does Music Empowers Foundation offer support in any form other than grants?
- Q. I am interested in partnering with Music Empowers Foundation. Whom do I contact?
- A. Please contact the Foundation by clicking on the “Contact Us” button and sending us a message regarding your interest in partnering. A representative from Music Empowers Foundation will get back to you shortly. You also may send an inquiry to: Music Empowers Foundation, Inc., 8 Cedar Creek Drive, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
- Q. Other than making a donation, how can I help Music Empowers Foundation?
- A. Your contributions are the best way to help Music Empowers Foundation support the broadest number of music education programs. In addition, spreading the word about Music Empowers by forwarding the web address (www.musicempowersfoundation.org) to all of your friends and associates interested in music education is extremely helpful. Finally, you can click “Sign Up” to join us or become a fan of Music Empowers Foundation on Facebook.
- Q. Why should I donate to Music Empowers Foundation versus giving directly to a specific music education program or other nonprofit that actually conducts such programs?
- A. Music Empowers Foundation recognizes that there are numerous nonprofits and countless programs all attempting to fill the void in music education for children. As an individual donor looking to help, it can be very difficult to identify the right organization or programs to support. Based on the expertise of our Advisory Committee, Music Empowers allows your donation to support a wider number of organizations by channeling grants to the highest potential nonprofits in the music education arena. As a donor to Music Empowers Foundation you can feel confident that your generosity is bringing strong music education programs to the greatest number of children.
- Q. I am interested in donating money to Music Empowers Foundation. How do I do that?
- A. Donating to Music Empowers Foundation is very simple. Just click on the “Donate” link and follow the instructions. If you choose you may also send your contribution by mail to :
Music Empowers Foundation, 8 Cedar Creek Drive, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
As a 501(c)(3) organization, Music Empowers Foundation is qualified to receive tax deductible donations.
- A. Donating to Music Empowers Foundation is very simple. Just click on the “Donate” link and follow the instructions. If you choose you may also send your contribution by mail to : Music Empowers Foundation, 8 Cedar Creek Drive, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
- Q. Can I make a donation in honor or memory of someone?
- A. Yes you can. Simply fill out our printable donation form and, in the space provided, include the name of the individual in whose honor your donation is being made, as well as the address to which you would like an announcement sent. Music Empowers Foundation will send an acknowledgement of your kind contribution to your honoree or their loved ones.
- Q. Will you send me a receipt for my tax records if I make a donation?
- A. Yes, Music Empowers Foundation will provide a receipt for your donation.
- Q. I'd like to donate an instrument. How do I do that?
- A. Music Empowers Foundation accepts only monetary contributions and cannot accept contributions in kind of any variety.
- Q. What types of organizations get funding from Music Empowers Foundation?
- A. Potential grantees include: nonprofit organizations, foundations, schools and community base programs. We do not provide grants or scholarships to individuals. Our goal is to identify and partner with those organizations which have the best potential to make a sustainable and measurable impact while reaching a broad number of children.
- Q. Does Music Empowers Foundation fund multi -year grants?
- A. Depending on the circumstances and the program/organization to which funds are being provided, multi -year grants will be considered.
- Q. How do I apply for a grant?
- A. Please go to the “What We Fund” page and click on “ Apply for a Grant” for further information.
- Q. I'd like to write a story about Music Empowers Foundation. Whom should I contact?
- A. Please contact us directly by clicking on Contact Us and sending us a message. A representative of Music Empowers Foundation will get back to you as quickly as possible.